Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Chinchilla Genetic - Brown Velvet

Brown velvet (velvetly Beige), by having a lethal gene, they also cannot be bred against each other as the black velvet dose. This pair will not produce healthy kits. But we can still try to break down the color from brown velvet, which is Standard, Beige and Black Velvet, to list all the possibilities. When Standard bred to Beige, or Black Velvet, we have a 50% chance to get each color. When beige Bred to Beige, we got 25% chance of getting a Homo Beige and 50% chance of getting a Hetero Beige. Then when Black Velvet mate to Beige, we got 25% chance of getting both Black Velvet and Brown Velvet. And, of course, when Black Velvet bred together, we will have 25% of fatal. Eh, finally, when we combine all of the above results, we will have 7 possibilities, including 25% of fatal.

A Brown Velvet should also not bred to Black Velvet. As well as Black Velvet/White cross. In short, brown velvet cannot bred to any other velvet.

Except crossing with the Velvet, Brown Velvet can bred to other colors successfully. For example, when Brown Velvet bred to Pink White. As mentioned, Pink White is the result of breeding White and Beige, so we need to see the result of breeding Brown Velvet (Beige and Black Velvet) with White and Beige first.

Brown Velvet & Brown Velvet
Brown Velvet 25%
Fatal 25%
Hetero Beige 12.5%
Black Velvet 12.5%
Homo Beige/Black Velvet cross 12.5%
Standard 6.25%
Homo Beige 6.25%
Brown Velvet & Brown Velvet/White cross
Fatal 25%
Brown Velvet 12.5%
Brown Velvet/White cross 12.5%
Hetero Beige 6.25%
Black Velvet 6.25%
Pink White 6.25%
Black Velvet/White cross 6.25%
Homo Beige/Black Velvet cross 6.25%
Homo Beige/Black Velvet/White cross 6.25%
Homo Beige 3.125%
White 3.125%
Standard 3.125%
Brown Velvet & White
White 12.5%
Hetero Beige 12.5%
Standard 12.5%
Brown Velvet 12.5%
Black Velvet 12.5%
Pink White 12.5%
Brown Velvet/White cross 12.5%
Black Velvet/White cross 12.5%
Brown Velvet & Hetero Beige
Hetero Beige 25%
Brown Velvet 25%
Standard 12.5%
Black Velvet 12.5%
Homo Beige 12.5%
Homo Beige/Black Velvet cross 12.5%
Combine the above two...
Brown Velvet & Pink White
Hetero Beige 12.5%
Pink White 12.5%
Brown Velvet 12.5%
Brown Velvet/White cross 12.5%
White 6.25%
Standard 6.25%
Black Velvet 6.25%
Black Velvet/White cross 6.25%
Homo Beige 6.25%
Homo Beige/White cross 6.25%
Homo Beige/Black Velvet cross 6.25%
Homo Beige/Black Velvet/White cross 6.25%

[Back]